Monday, February 4, 2008

Winter whites

White creation #1 Sock. This is my first home made knit sock. I can see why people make their own. It is fast, interesting, and pretty fun. And there are a ton of fancy yarns out there (check this out made with this yarn). I picked white because I had some leftover, and it is really soft (although it is not so good at hiding dirt). It happened to fit Mae, lucky her. Of course, now I have to make a second one because she really likes this one. And, of course, I don't have enough white yarn.

White creation #2. Home made marshmallows. A terrifically sweet sticky gooey mess!

The recipe said to let them cool and dry (they start out very hot and wet) for like 10 hours. Sorry, but that is just not possible.

We didn't have to wait a second for the bowl scaping part. And let me tell you, at this stage, they taste pretty darn good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't decide if I want the socks (yarntini yarns are delicious looking!) or the marshmallow. Okay, both.

~Thalia

Wendy & Jil - The Original Agreeable Sisters said...

The socks you can wear over and over again. I have to say, you get pretty sick of marshmallows after eating only 2.

About Us

Moms to Henry, Mae, Isabel, Josephine, Lucinda and Matilda