Sunday, March 2, 2008

The Swamp Creature

Due to the recent rains, our grass has decided to grow very fast (and very green). After John mowed yesterday, Mae jumped right in and made grass-cuttings cupcakes. Chlorophyll was everywhere.
Look at those fingernails.

After the cupcakes were destroyed (by kicking each one into an exploding green firework), I carried her straight to the tub. Poor Lucy was the next to bathe.
We just got this cool 'thing' (I really don't know what to call it) from Wisteria (they call it 'kitchen storage', but we don't keep it in the kitchen so that doesn't work). It seems to be sturdy enough to hold all this. Someone keeps putting a grapefruit on top. Must be Mae, as she is the only one in the house who believes that grapefruit deserves such elevated status.

And this is what I see when I look to my right when I'm sitting where I am right now, at the computer. The light has to be just right, of course, either early morning or late in the afternoon (I think the light actually reflects off the car windshield at this time). I'm never not amazed by the incredible display of shadow shapes. I've tried for months to get a picture and this is the best I can do. Hmmm, the grapefruit is gone. Mae??

4 comments:

Wendy & Jil - The Original Agreeable Sisters said...

I love the cupcakes. Looks like fun. It was 73 here on Saturday and then we woke up to a blizzard Sunday morning, about 3 inches of snow. It's all gone now, lots of sunshine and about 45 today. I can't wait to come see the house. It looks awesome.

Anonymous said...

I took Kaeva to my old pottery class last night and some guy I did not know had brought in muffins for the class to share. Green muffins. People were guessing what made them green, and I of course said "grass clippings!" He was not amused, since he doesn't know what a wonderful personage I am. And he didn't say what the green coloring was. And I did not eat one.
:) Thalia

Anonymous said...

I took Kaeva to my old pottery class last night and some guy I did not know had brought in muffins for the class to share. Green muffins. People were guessing what made them green, and I of course said "grass clippings!" He was not amused, since he doesn't know what a wonderful personage I am. And he didn't say what the green coloring was. And I did not eat one.
:) Thalia

Wendy & Jil - The Original Agreeable Sisters said...

That is hilarious. I would have laughed. And I would also not have eaten one.

About Us

Moms to Henry, Mae, Isabel, Josephine, Lucinda and Matilda