Sunday, April 27, 2008

It is garden time!

Finally, I have gotten some of the garden planted. It is not all in yet, mostly because it has been too dang hot to work outside (this has been the second weekend this month with temps over 90). I bought more seeds than I have space to plant, but I do that every year. One of my problems is that many of my flowers from last year went to seed and then came up this spring con fuerza. I don't have the heart to pull them out. I guess I'll have to wait a few more weeks.
These are not in the garden, but they came up all by themselves. And, yes, I bought sunflower seeds to plant this year too. Guess I'll have to wait a few more weeks here, too.
These are the sweet peas that I planted back in December (blog entry here). Every room in the house has a vase of these perfuming it. The ones that were supposed to be perennials didn't really make it into the ground and then they didn't really get watered, so they didn't really live.
So, here it is. Not much to look at now, but I'm sure in a few weeks I won't be able to walk through it.
::
Because it has been so hot, I switched my cookbook picture to my favorite ice cream book. I've had it for about a year now, but it is currently getting a lot of usage. We've made mint (from the garden), butter pecan, orange (from the tree) sorbet, and vanilla. Great book, great recipes.

No comments:

About Us

Moms to Henry, Mae, Isabel, Josephine, Lucinda and Matilda