Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Freezer Paper Stencils

I came across this really cool craft almost two years ago here and here. It is quite simple and requires very few materials (freezer paper, fabric paint, scissors/exacto knife, t-shirt, iron). Freezer paper is waxy on one side and it sticks to fabric when you iron it on. You simply cut out a stencil (this, in fact, is the hard part; deciding what to do and then the actual cutting) then iron it on. Then paint the stencil. I don't have any photos of the process, only our results. This was the first one I made for Henry's 7th birthday.
Fast forward to last weekend.
Mae wanted a peace sign.
Lucy, of course, challenged me with a ballerina.
This one didn't turn out so well because we watered down the paint (it had dried up in the two years since we last did this) and it bled a bit so the edges aren't so crisp. Oh well, she loves it anyway.
::
I've done a few more but I can't find the pictures. If you're interested in seeing other people's creations look here.

No comments:

About Us

Moms to Henry, Mae, Isabel, Josephine, Lucinda and Matilda