Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A lovely hike

Many of the hikes around here are in the foothills and they usually go straight up. These hikes have amazing views but you are exposed to the elements (sun) the whole time. I'm not complaining, no sir-ee. I like these hikes, but I think I'm the only one.Anyway, we found this lovely long flat hike through oak trees and along a river. The kids really had a great time.
Aren't they purty?
Look at the sibling helpfulness. Love it.

Three kids in a tree.
::
Sadly, poison oak was fairly abundant on this trail and there were a few dogs that must have been running through it. I'm afraid Henry petted one of them because he got a mean case of poison oak. So bad he stayed home from school for 2 days. He's all better now, but I don't think he'll go hiking any time soon.

No comments:

About Us

Moms to Henry, Mae, Isabel, Josephine, Lucinda and Matilda