Friday, January 30, 2009

Spring in January? yup.

We were so encouraged by the blooming daffodils (see below, I uploaded the pictures in the wrong order again, arghh) that we wanted more. So Lucy and I started a few sunflowers in the kitchen. Old plastic take-out containers, some toilet paper tubes cut in half, dirt, water and seeds. Can't wait for the sprouts to come up.
I can't decide if I'm more excited about the daffodils or the iron protector around them. Isn't that the coolest thing? I love it when functional items are decorative as well. And free...from the dump!

Sorry for those of you in the cold. Our spring is really in February and this year it came a bit early.

1 comment:

Grandma Nancy said...

Holy smokes! Daffydils already...Everything looks great and it gives me hope that we're not too far behind.

About Us

Moms to Henry, Mae, Isabel, Josephine, Lucinda and Matilda