Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Lucy's 1st Horse Show

 I took a lot of pictures at the 2012 Santa Barbara National Horse Show! It was Lucy's first show and we were all so excited. 
 Fierce!
 It was John's first horse show, too, so I had to get a picture of him. And, Henry and Mae got to spend time watching Lucy compete instead of the other way around. 'Bout time!
 I was a little worried that Lucy wasn't ready. She just started riding in January and this was only her 4th time riding this horse. Warm-ups (?) the night before were a little rocky. In fact, Lucy could barely get her horse to keep walking around the arena. 
But on show day, she took charge and made that horse perform! Way to go girl!
 Grandma Cindy came to town just for this show and boy was it helpful to have her around. I am a total rookie horse-mom. So, I just took pictures and let her be in charge. It worked perfectly!
 Lucy is so graceful and poised up on Revlon (the horse). I don't know how she does it. I guess horse genes skip a generation. 
 It was such a wonderful scene, especially for Lucy. Horses everywhere, fancy clothes, and pretty flags.
At the end of each round, Lucy made sure she gave Revlon a lot of love.
::
It was a wonderful day. I look forward to photographing many more!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nyaww

About Us

Moms to Henry, Mae, Isabel, Josephine, Lucinda and Matilda