Tuesday, August 14, 2012

gourds and garden girl

 It seems that every year (or season) I try something new and fun. This summer it is gourds. Above is a baby birdhouse gourd. This should grow to about 12 inches top to bottom! I think we'll try to make one into a birdhouse. I'll keep you posted on how it works.
 This crazy gourd is called Turks Turban and I just found out that it is great for baking! Yay!
This is my garden girl. She accompanies me and is cheerful almost every time I go to the gardens, which is a lot. Every other day to be exact. Look how tall they are, Lucy and the corn.
::
I never reported on Mae's softball trip. They did pretty well, made it to the 2nd round of playoffs which meant 13th place out of 32 teams. She came back with tons of cool pins (google softball pins and you'll see what I'm talking about) and lots of good memories.

No comments:

About Us

Moms to Henry, Mae, Isabel, Josephine, Lucinda and Matilda