Saturday, March 22, 2008

Spring!

We decided to take a drive up into the mountains today to look for wildflower. The weather was perfect, the skies were clear and boy, oh boy did we succeed. The views were amazing.


We found a lovely spot by a creek for lunch.
And Henry caught this lizard.
Don't worry, he's (or she) is just playing dead. We let him go after taking his picture. He promptly ran under our car, and of course, we (Henry) had to crawl under there and make sure he was out of the way before we drove off.

After lunch we found some amazing wild flowers. This is the state flower of California, the golden poppy and a lupine.

I've been resisting posting the spring flower pictures I've taken because I realize some of you aren't there yet. This field left me no choice.

I mean really, this is just fabulous.


Now that you've seen this, I don't think a few wisteria or peach blossoms will hurt, will it? I'll put those pictures on next.
::
Happy Spring!

1 comment:

Grandma Nancy said...

What beautiful pictures! I'm so jealous that you have so much Spring already. Our bulbs and flowers are still hiding out.

About Us

Moms to Henry, Mae, Isabel, Josephine, Lucinda and Matilda