Monday, May 19, 2008

Rainbow desserts.

Grandma Nancy and Grandpa Jack were here visiting over the weekend (I'll post more about that later) and we celebrated, well, every one's birthday. What a perfect excuse to bake a cake (not that I need one). Lucy had been asking for weeks to make a rainbow cake and this is what I came up with, Jelly Belly Beans. A few days earlier we found this post and immediately made these cookies.
The recipe is really easy.
Rolling out the dough was lots of fun.
These were the brightest colors I had. Yikes. I usually don't like eating colors that do not exist in natural food.
They are lovely, but I would only recommend making them for the fun of it. Most of them ended up in the trash. Not that they were bad, they just weren't great. We have pretty high dessert standards around here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would eat the cake. I would shellac the cookies and use them as decorations. :) Thalia

Wendy & Jil - The Original Agreeable Sisters said...

Yup, I sure did eat the cake. Turning the cookies into decorations is a great idea. I should just make these with playdough and not waste the butter and sugar!

About Us

Moms to Henry, Mae, Isabel, Josephine, Lucinda and Matilda