Monday, July 14, 2008

Summer Camps

I haven't talked much about our summer yet and how we spend our days now that school is out. Mostly because it takes me awhile to get into the summer schedule groove. Don't get me wrong, I love summer, but for working parents like us, it can be a bit stressful. Planning 9 weeks of no school is no easy feat, but this year was pretty easy going. The kids have had enough experience with different camps that they know what they like.Mae signed up for 2 weeks of baseball camp and loved everyday. This was a new camp for us and it was really great. You never know when you drop off your firstborn daughter with strangers, how the day is going to turn out. Henry joined her for week 2 and had an equally fabulous time. He was at the same location for BMX camp and will be going to soccer camp there also.
Thought I'd share her first experience with baseball cards as well.
I wonder how many kids arranged their cards in such a lovely pattern?
::
Weeks 3 and 4 are with Wilderness Youth Project . They travel around to local outdoor fun spots (beach, creek, hiking). This is our fourth summer with them. Nothing but good things to say about this camp! Weeks 6 and 7 are with them, too.
::
Weeks 8 and 9 are at the lake! Yikes, and then its back to school. I'm going to forget I typed that and get back to enjoying the summer.

No comments:

About Us

Moms to Henry, Mae, Isabel, Josephine, Lucinda and Matilda