Monday, December 15, 2008

Tastings

We enjoyed two tasting parties (if there are 5 people it is a party) in the past month. The first one was pears. I bought a few of every variety I could find. Yummmy, five very different pears. Red, Bosc, Bartlett, D'Anjou and Comice. They were all perfectly ripe and quite delicious.
We didn't bother taking notes or even remembering which was our favorite. I think, in this case, the process was the best part.

Tasting number two was chocolate! Trader Joe's sells this eight pack of chocolate from around the world, hence the globe. It was dessert and geography all in one. Does it get any better?

This assortment was 66-75% cacao, so serious chocolate. Very interesting because, again, they were all very different.

In this case I remember which one we liked best, Peru. I think because it had the lowest percentage of cacao which made it closer to milk chocolate. Best for eating according to my family.

Sao Tome won the prize for the worst; it was really strong and kind of peppery. And it was the hardest to find on the globe.
::
You could do this with any kind of food that has varieties. How about apples? Or lettuce? Tomatoes in the summer would be fabulous. I'll have to remember that!

No comments:

About Us

Moms to Henry, Mae, Isabel, Josephine, Lucinda and Matilda