Sunday, October 4, 2009

Paint chip crafting

Over the past seven years, I've saved every paint sample card we've ever picked up just waiting for some fabulous craft to come along. Finally, a project found me.

Lucy and I cut out lots of triangles (easy) and then I punched two small holes (easy) in the top of each flag. She sewed them all together (medium easy).

And don't they look great? The colors work so well against the wall color.
Now we need to find some more art to fill up the wall below the flags.

2 comments:

THALIA CHALTAS said...

That's so funny, because I just used MY stash of paint chips this weekend, too! I used them as a writing exercise in my writers workshop - naming colors with a noun and an adjective. Then doing it again in collaboration with a partner and seeing how decision making changes. They loved it! But not as beautiful as your project!

Wendy & Jil - The Original Agreeable Sisters said...

Oooh, I really like the idea of naming the colors. I could spend many hours doing that. I think they would all be food related.

About Us

Moms to Henry, Mae, Isabel, Josephine, Lucinda and Matilda