Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Mae's Camping Trip

Today is the last real day of school, my last day at home by myself for a while, so I'm trying to get a lot done. I vacuumed, mopped, knit, sewed and blogged. Phew. These pictures are from Mae's class camping trip. They went to the same place as last year, but this time I was the only family member to come along. Henry and Lucy joined us for dinner and one night, but then went back to school. It was lovely.
The view from the tent area. It wasn't nearly as dry or windy as last year, but it was nice and warm.
Perfect for swimming in the river.
Henry built a boat during his brief time at the campsite.
Listening to a story from her teacher. I think they were reading The Way to Start a Day, by Bird Baylor.
One of the camp classes was woodworking. The kids spent many hours each day working on their creations in preparation for the Last Day Regatta. Mae's boat was pretty cool.

The sail moved about on the mast just like a real sail boat.
::
It was the perfect trip; good food, fun people, lots to do and very restful (for me anyway). I even did some knitting! I'm thinking we've got to do more camping this summer.

No comments:

About Us

Moms to Henry, Mae, Isabel, Josephine, Lucinda and Matilda