Tuesday, September 14, 2010

School Gardens

I've been busy this month caring for two school gardens. Above is our school, OAS. The sunflowers are unbelievable. Below (the sunflowers, not the picture below, I should have said underneath but I didn't and here we are) are a few varieties of pumpkins. I'll take pictures of them next week.
Zinneas! They are about shoulder tall (on me!). We are lucky that we have such a great school garden.
This is my other school. Brand new garden, just installed last May. There are 7 raised beds and and 4 central perennial beds.
They designed it like a butterfly. Beautiful. Butterflies and hummingbirds often visit.
Behind is a golf course, teeming with squirrels. Bleh. Keeping them out is a big challenge. I hope to have some pictures soon that have a lot more green.

No comments:

About Us

Moms to Henry, Mae, Isabel, Josephine, Lucinda and Matilda