Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Rocky Mountain National Park

On Monday the whole family loaded in the car and drove up to Rocky Mountain National Park. We are so lucky to have such an amazing place so close to us. It took us about an hour and a half at most to get there. We decided to hike to Cub Lake. It is a 2.3 mile hike that starts at 8,080 feet and finishes at 8,620 feet. On the way up, Chance mentioned that the last time we did this hike, in 2004, he ran the whole thing. He challenged Isabel to run it. She said, "ok" and the next thing I knew I said, "I'll run it with you." I thought this would be a good training run for the race I am doing in August, The Colorado Relay. It is a 197 mile run from Georgetown, CO to Aspen, CO. You have a 10 person team and each person runs 3 legs of the race over the course of about 24-36 hours. Needless to say, I have some more training to do. I am not sure that sea level is going to be too helpful to me this summer. Oh well, anyway...Izzy and I ran it (at least most of it) in about 35 minutes. Not bad I would say.
Yes, that's a moose
And yes, it was pretty close
That is an elk, and it too was pretty close.
Those are all elk. There were billions of them. I didn't even capture them all in this photo.

1 comment:

THALIA CHALTAS said...

That is one gorgeous place, Jil! I miss moose...
~Thalia

About Us

Moms to Henry, Mae, Isabel, Josephine, Lucinda and Matilda