Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Summer Fun

Izzy and I ran the Taste of Louisville 5K this past weekend. It is a really cool race that starts at the middle school, runs through main street, out on to the Coal Creek Trail and then finishes back at main street. It started off great, I kept up with Isabel for about a block or so and then she was out of sight. As she was running down main street she was following behind a guy who got out of the way of a parked car at the last minute...she couldn't see the car behind him and ran right in to it, shoulder first and fell back on her butt. A friendly runner helped her up and was walking her back towards the start of the race when I came upon her. We walked for a couple of minutes. She was in a lot of pain in her shoulder and her bottom. There were actual tears and for all of those who know Isabel well, that means she was really hurting. She decided she wanted to keep going and started running again. She lost me again...at least I kept her in my sights this time. Izzy finished in 28:03 and I wasn't too far behind with a time of 28:47. Not bad for stopping mid race for a couple of minutes.
Candace went home last weekend to surprise her mom for her birthday! We picked her up at the airport and went right to the zoo. It was a hot day, but lots of fun.

No comments:

About Us

Moms to Henry, Mae, Isabel, Josephine, Lucinda and Matilda