Wednesday, August 24, 2011

High and Dry 2011

Even though this was the 5th Annual High and Dry Bluegrass Festival, it was our 1st time going. I'm pretty sure we'll be going back next year. It was awesome. Henry helped out driving the water tractor pre-festival.
Out walking the fields.
This band - the cleverly named Nancy & Jennifer (although in this picture they are Jennifer & Nancy)-was one of many amazing performances.
Some more of the family enjoying the show.
Lucy found a few friends and spent the whole time in the creek or making mud pies or roaming around having fun. Henry spent most of his time on wheeled vehicles. Mae listened, watched and soaked in everything musical or hunted for peacock feathers. I was lucky enough to sit in the shade (very warm shade), crochet, listen to fabulous music and sip ice cold tea. Bliss!
One of two hilarious and fabulous performances from Great Northern Planes (is there supposed to be a 'the' in front of their name?). I have to say, my favorite musical part of the weekend was in the kitchen cooking eggs for the kids (fresh from the chickens) while hearing these guys warm up for their show in the living room. I wish I could make dinner like that every night? I think I'll ask them to come down. They're probably looking for another gig now anyway, right?
Mae got a private lesson under the trees. If only we could find that kind of instruction down here.
::
All in all, it was a wonderful trip. Relaxing, warm, musical, family, fast cars & trikes, creeky.
I've even pulled out my banjo for the first time in a long time. Maybe next year Mae and I can join the family band.

No comments:

About Us

Moms to Henry, Mae, Isabel, Josephine, Lucinda and Matilda